BTW I still knit...sometimes


Yes in fact I do still knit, even if I don't write about it as often these days. Any guesses?

Here, I'll give you a better picture:

No good? I'm sure you're pretty close though.

I'll give you another:

Slightly better I know. It's a hat. Big shocker. But you haven't seen it for a while.

It's reeeeeaaaaaaaaallly nice:

Pattern: Le' Slouch by Knit and Tonic
Adaptations: Um, handspun anyone? Started with 6 st i-cord and knit down from the top making increases every other row. Alternated the handspun with the Silk Dream every other row to maximise handspun slouchyness.
Materials: 1 skein Lang Silk Dream, 50 grams Handspun from Ozark Handspun 100% Silk roving
Start Date: March 23, 2008
End Date: April 12, 2008

I made it with my very own handspun. Yup, I did show it to you before with some other grey yarn, but it just wasn't doing it for me. The feel was off and the yarn was a bit too dull when knit up with the silky goodness of the handspun. So a trip to Ariadne for some Lang Silk Dream was in order. And the Silk Dream was exactly what I wanted to make this hat great.

After knitting the hat once according to the pattern (ribbing upward) but was worried about running out of the handspun. So I decided go the other way, knit from the top down. So a little bit of i-cord, some initial increase rows just in the Silk Dream and then I continued working one row of the handspun and one row (with increases) in the Silk Dream. Once finished increasing the stitches, I started working two rows of the Silk Dream to one row of handspun until full slouchy-ness was achieved. Then I finished with some good old ribbing in the Silk Dream.

BTW this Le'Slouch is for me.

Comments

Jennifer Lori said…
The hat really looks great, and looks great on you. And I promise that by your next post I'll stop thinking the tip looks like a nipple. :)

(I hope you "know" me enough to know that I'm kidding! Please don't take that the wrong way- the hat is really, really cool).
Alison said…
I'm glad it's for you, because it looks awesome!
Montreal Mama said…
It looks cute on you!

Popular Posts