29 April 2008

BTW I still knit...sometimes


Yes in fact I do still knit, even if I don't write about it as often these days. Any guesses?

Here, I'll give you a better picture:

No good? I'm sure you're pretty close though.

I'll give you another:

Slightly better I know. It's a hat. Big shocker. But you haven't seen it for a while.

It's reeeeeaaaaaaaaallly nice:

Pattern: Le' Slouch by Knit and Tonic
Adaptations: Um, handspun anyone? Started with 6 st i-cord and knit down from the top making increases every other row. Alternated the handspun with the Silk Dream every other row to maximise handspun slouchyness.
Materials: 1 skein Lang Silk Dream, 50 grams Handspun from Ozark Handspun 100% Silk roving
Start Date: March 23, 2008
End Date: April 12, 2008

I made it with my very own handspun. Yup, I did show it to you before with some other grey yarn, but it just wasn't doing it for me. The feel was off and the yarn was a bit too dull when knit up with the silky goodness of the handspun. So a trip to Ariadne for some Lang Silk Dream was in order. And the Silk Dream was exactly what I wanted to make this hat great.

After knitting the hat once according to the pattern (ribbing upward) but was worried about running out of the handspun. So I decided go the other way, knit from the top down. So a little bit of i-cord, some initial increase rows just in the Silk Dream and then I continued working one row of the handspun and one row (with increases) in the Silk Dream. Once finished increasing the stitches, I started working two rows of the Silk Dream to one row of handspun until full slouchy-ness was achieved. Then I finished with some good old ribbing in the Silk Dream.

BTW this Le'Slouch is for me.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lori said...

The hat really looks great, and looks great on you. And I promise that by your next post I'll stop thinking the tip looks like a nipple. :)

(I hope you "know" me enough to know that I'm kidding! Please don't take that the wrong way- the hat is really, really cool).

Alison said...

I'm glad it's for you, because it looks awesome!

Knit & Purl Mama said...

It looks cute on you!