There's a hex on me

I have a new love affair. Hexagons. They are my shape of the moment. Hex hex hex. I heart the hex. I'm LOVING the simple awesomeness of the Hexagonal Blanket I'm working on. Working with a repeat number of twelve and increases the stitch grouping to make the circle, then alternate a corner with a straight side and wham bam you've got a hex!

A hex on me, originally uploaded by bunnieprops.


1. patchwork detail , 2. Hexagons, 3. 37, 4. Hexagons!, 5. hexagon update, 6. Quilt blocks, 7. My Grannys quilt, 8. Close Up, 9. 8two8 February - Tine's block, 10. Hexagon Doll Quilt, 11. paper piecing grows, 12. Hexagon Patchwork, 13. working on the flower garden, 14. WIP, 15. Hex's, 16. Tablemat, 17. the hexagons are growing..., 18. HPIM5876, 19. hexagons, 20. 11,239

I REALLY want to take my current hex love to the point of obsession. I have in mind to make a hand stitched mini hexagon quilt as recently blogged by Jane Brocket. I found a tutorial on English piecing through Flickr and want to start right away but cutting out a million hexes from my deck of quilter's quarters acquired a few years ago.

I really like the waving lines idea built from the hexagons rather than the more usual hex flowers. Maybe I'll go for more of a random hexagon strategy. Who knows at this point. But I should definitely start cutting out the many many paper templates.

Comments

Popular Posts