Rediscoveries

Last year I started watching knitting podcasts which has led to rediscoveries of things I love about knitting. Yes, podcast viewing is what's led me to make so many socks in the past year. This has led me to really LOVE handknit socks. Both making and wearing them. I've been enjoying knitting socks so much, that I've been knitting them for my parents too.

Selbu Sock

When Eli of Skeindeer Knits first showed this pattern she was working on, I knew I had to cast them on! They are the Selbu Socks that she released before Christmas. I cast on straight away with some good toothy yarns that I'd recently put my hands on. Some Tukuwool fingering I'd ordered for another project and some Kauni Wool 8/2 Solids I'd bought at a local yarn store.

Sock update: one finished and the other on the go. This yarn is so amazing once blocked! #dpnsforever #sockknitting #toeupsocks #boxosoxkal2018

Because I had committed to knitting some gift socks for Christmas, these got put to one side for a bit. (There was also a Christmas Eve Cast on in there too). After knitting a number of standard pairs of socks, I picked these up again and managed to finish the first sock this week. I was a little concerned about my tension and the fit of the sock, so I blocked the first one as soon as it was finished. I have to say that this yarn makes such a DREAMY fabric once blocked!

When playing fantasy sweater last week with Ysolda's new pattern Stockbridge, I was second guessing the Tukuwool as being an expensive option and was looking into more affordable options. I've already planned multiple future versions of this wardrobe staple sweater. But after seeing how the Tukuwool blocked out in this sock, I'm TOTALLY IN LOVE!! Rustic wools FTW!

Oh and I've opted for a new look, new tag and new name. If we're going to dust things off and get them going again, they deserve some pizzaz don't you think?

Comments

Popular Posts