Some things just take for freaking ever

My Ravelry project page for this shawl tells me that I first started knitting with this yarn WAY back in 2009. The knitting was finished in 2014 and the final blocking was last week. That is truly an insane amount of time for something to take to knit. But it happens, even to the best of us. Somehow it took me nearly four years JUST to block this shawl. That in itself is pretty nuts.

Untitled

I didn't even recall that I had originally cast this on for another shawl project until I looked at my project page. Good for past me even taking note of that. I know that the size of the shawl was really daunting to me to be able to block as I didn't have a big enough carpeted or spare bed on which to block this when I lived in Montreal. But I have friends with a spare room. I had blocked things on my brother's carpet. I'm sure I could have found some space somewhere to block this behemoth. Heck, I could have blocked it as soon as I came back to Edmonton in January 2016. But I guess I just wasn't thinking about this shawl.

Untitled

The sad fact that this sat around unblocked for so long that it had 2 moth holes that needed patching before I could block it. Two little chomps to fix. Without careful study, you can't really tell where these fixes are, and there's so much lace that it's not so noticeable.

Untitled

Pattern: Leaves of Grass by Jared Flood
Materials: Tanis Fiber Arts Pink Label Lace Weight
Start Date: February 26, 2014
End Date: May 18, 2014

I can't tell you what a pleasure it is to finally wear this shawl. I didn't think I would really wear such a large shawl when I knit it, but after loving my enormous Find Your Fade, this shawl is no trouble to wear. It's SO LIGHT and SO WARM! It's already become my new favourite Winter shawl.

I think it's time to knit another pi shawl.

Comments

Popular Posts