There has been knitting!

I've taken a bit of a break from stitching on black to do some knitting. I know it's been a while, but sometimes one has an appetite for something different. And then when it's time to switch things up once more, it's time to cast somethings on. I like to do different crafts for different reasons and I cycle through them as it fancies.

Socks for Dad

Pattern: Vanilla Latte Socks by Virginia Rose-Jeanes
Materials: Regia Extra Twist Merino Color in 2826
Start Date: June 18, 2018
End Date: July 5, 2018

Some time before my little vacation from knitting, I had asked my Dad to pick out some sock yarn from my stash that interested him for future socks. He picked out two sets of sock yarn, so when the mood to knit something had struck, I cast these on. I decided on making another pair of Vanilla Latte socks for him. It's an enjoyable pattern to knit and the resulting socks are nice to wear as well. I knit these on my Lantern Moon double pointed needles which I really like. There's something satisfying about picking up all the instep stitches on DPNs and decreasing them down. Not sure why I like it so much, but I do.

I was more than happy to make use of my favourite (and sadly discontinued) yarn, the Regia Extra Twist Merino Color. It's such a squishy yarn that is a pleasure to work with and a pleasure to wear. I have noticed some fulling on the pair I knit last year, which is maybe why they discontinued the yarn. I know if I come across it again somewhere, I'll be sure to pick up some more. And I'll definitely be using the leftovers with some contrasting heels & toes to make a pair of socks for myself. Love this yarn!

Clues 1, 2 & 3

I've been sneaking peeks at the hashtag for Gloamin-tide on Instagram quite a bit. So one afternoon I decided to raid my fingering weight stash for something appropriate. I found I had enough purples to make a satisfactory gradient to cast on. It took me a little bit to decide on the final colours, but here is my progress after a few days out a the lake, knitting away. I finished clue 3 by Wednesday of this week and REALLY wanted clue 4 to magically appear, but I'll have to wait until Monday.

In the meantime I MAY have ordered some yarn for a couple of cardigans, which may have already arrived, and I may have already swatched and cast on the first one. Something to tide me over between mystery knit along clues. I may be knitting up a storm over here.

Comments

Popular Posts