I'm becoming a swap junkie!

I just signed myself up for the No More Humdrum Mittens Swap and am quite looking forward to it. I heart knitting mittens and wearing knitted mittens.

Without further ado, here is my questionnaire:

How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
I've been knitting since I was a kid (like 6 I think). My grandmother taught me, then I promptly forgot and retaught myself from books later on.

Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Advanced. Entrelac, knitted lace, Fair Isle, steeking, what have you.

What are your favorite colors? Any you dislike?
I tend towards interesting and subtle colour combinations rather than bright colours and have been favouring shades of green, and blue lately, but don't have any real dislikes. Sometimes a girl needs some hot pink in her life!

Do you like Latvian type patterns? If so, what are your favorite patterns?
Mmm, I haven't explored traditional patterns too much. I'm pretty much open to anything.

I quite enjoy kitschy subject matter. Like the Swedish Squirrely Mittens that I'm currently working on. I would like to make a pair with a super cutesy, 60's Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer kind of deer on them.

Do you desire mittens for yourself, your "special someone else" or your child?
Oh they'd be for me.

What other things do you enjoy knitting?
Scarves, sweaters, hats, socks, toys, whatever suits my fancy or whatever best suits the person I'm knitting for.

What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum)
Mmm. I'm a traditionalist and favour double points over that trendy magic loop crap. And it's bamboo for me. I can't deal with that scrapping feeling/sound of aluminium against aluminium.

What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make?
Nothing comes to mind.

What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with?
I'd like to spend some more quality time with tweeds. In particular Jamieson's 2-ply spinthrift.

What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? Cook?
Haven't gotten into spinning just yet, but am interested in trying it out. Yes I sew, but need to get me a sewing machine. Oh and sometimes I bake fun stuff like cookies, muffins and such.

Besides yarn, do you collect anything?
Not really. Unofficially I collect vintage glass pieces that are clear and green in colour. Not fancy, but everyday stuff like small vases, candle sticks, votive holders, interesting carafes. Usually it's very 70's olive glass.

What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to?
I like candy. Like gummy candies. Wine gums, Swedish Berries, etc. Jelly Bellies are good too.

Oh and I drink tea. Good solid old school black teas. And I quite like Chai.

I'm allergic to Mango.

Do you have any kids? Pets?
Nope, nope. Looking into getting a lovebird, but now I only have a plant.

What is your favorite part of Winter?
Um, Christmas holidays. My family usually goes somewhere warm.

What is your least favorite part of Winter?
The winter part. The thing that gets me through is fun mittens. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to knit winter accessories, but I don't like the season AT ALL. I don't like being away from green for so long.

Comments

Popular Posts