Ten Second Tidy!

Hiya,

I know I already posted today and I don't want to be that person who posts every 10 seconds but I though I should mention the sidebar tidy that just happened.

I have been trying to sort out how to deal with the storage of knitted projects vs. other things I label and came to the conclusion that really it's just all about the knitting. So I've sorted all the labels into groups to be nice and organised.

You may notice that I'm not using the usual WIP, FO lingo. That's cause I don't like it. In fact I have a general aversion to acronyms in general. Other people can use them, that's fine by me, but I don't want to and you can't make me!

These acronyms just continue to remind me of the shallower, trendy side of knitting in the new millenium. While I appreciate that there are so many people turned on to knitting these days, I don't like the inference that it's some kind of fickle fad. For me, it's not. Knitting has pretty much always been a part of my life. Not usually something that I use to define myself and there are many people I know who don't know and have never seen me knit. It's just something I do. Like read, garden or watch movies (I see a LOT).

It's new for me to be public about my hobbies and only know people because of knitting so it's been an adjustment. I'm reluctant to change, but I think it's a good thing to take knitting off my couch and participate in Knit Nites which I really do enjoy.

But I still refuse to knit on the Metro or bus. Knitting is for me, not to create a spectacle. I'm not judging those of you who do the knitted commute, and mega props to that chick I saw knitting a sock while crossing the street that time. It's just not my thing.

There's my two bits.

One of these days I'll get around to knitting up a proper header. I've got it all planned but have yet to cast on.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those acronyms annoy me too. You are not alone.
Anonymous said…
I think there's a certain subset of the knitting population who enjoy knitting in public just to get a rise out of others. A sort of, "look at me, I'm young and I'm knitting, aren't I trendy?" Definitely rubs me the wrong way.

Popular Posts