8 November 2008
The Procrastinated Unfortunate Sock Report
These socks have been finished for quite some time. They've just been sitting on a shelf waiting for me to finally work in all the ends and stick 'em on my feets (or like make it official by posting them here). Sorry for the procrastination. I'm guess I'm just not feeling so wordy these days. A more poetic interpretation of this sock yarn.
Right, so, uh, I finished these socks in September and am only now getting around to writing about them now that we're into November. Maybe it's that the colours here in Montreal have turned to match. Or it could be this particular rainy fall day we're having but today I'm finally writing about them.
I started these back at the end of August in an inspired match of colour scheme to pattern and went whole hog from there. I did have to restart these to add some stitches to adapt for my gauge, but continued on from there. Each stripe transition was fully enjoyable in it's own Ugly Doll/Charlie Brown/Nanaimo Bar kind of way.
The pattern itself is pretty straight forward. I really didn't pay close attention once the mitered increase/decreases were set up. When ready, I plunked in the patterened heel, and then the toe. I did modify the gusset decreases à la Brainy but left the stitch count from leg to foot. I do find that the socks have a certain inherit slouch at the ankle, and I may have been a bit generous in my adaptation for my gauge, but overall I'm happy with these socks. Especially now that rubber/winter boot season seems to be upon us once more.
Pattern: Crosswalker Socks by Emily B. Miller
Materials: Trekking XXL 193 - Sad Charlie Brown stripes (lot 5396)
Start Date: August 26, 2008
End Date: September 25, 2008