The Pink Bag

The summer of sewing continues with the bag I made for me. I opted for a nice combination of pink flowers and brown flowers/leaves with some crazy mint green little seeds for the lining. After making one of these bags, the second was really just fun. I cut the fabric and made the whole thing in a day out at the lake.

Pattern: Amy Butler Birdie Sling bag
Fabric: exterior - Amy Butler Lotus in Pink/Tree Peony, handles - Amy Butler Midwest Modern in Brown/Trailing Cherry and lining - Amy Butler Belle in Duck Egg/Seeds
Date: August 7th 2009


Pattern: Amy Butler Stash and Dash bags
Fabric: exterior - Amy Butler Lotus in Pink/Tree Peony, exterior contrast - Amy Butler Midwest Modern in Brown/Trailing Cherry and lining - Amy Butler Belle in Duck Egg/Seeds
Date: August 12th 2009

I really got the hang of putting in zippers after making four of these little stash and dash bags. The last one was a breeze. I went with mint green as my contrasting zipper to play off the pink top of the smaller bag. Though I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to use these little zipper pouches for, they were fun and fast to make.

Comments

Popular Posts