Fall Repeats

I enjoyed the Jaywalkers that I made for my mom so much that I had to make myself a pair out of similarly striped yarn.

Pattern: Jaywalkers by Grumperina
Materials: Regia Crazy Color 5437
Start Date: September 16, 2009
End Date: September 24, 2009

I knit these pretty much as written. The second skein started with the right colour to match up the stripes but unfortunately not at the same point of the colour repeat so the stripes don't quite match up. I did debate about starting at the next repeat of the colour but unraveling all that yarn seems like a waste to me. The stripes are in sync enough that it's not too jarring. A person has to be really evaluating the harmony of the stripes to notice it which is good enough for me. My general attitude towards matching stripes is pretty lax. I don't mind if socks end up being fraternal twins rather than a matched set.

The kind of unfortunate thing about these socks is the fit. They're a bit on the loose side. I may try running them through the dryer to try and get a better fit but in the meantime they're hanging out in the house socks.

Oh and I generally really love the colour combination.

Comments

Popular Posts