Thar she grows!

The Hawaiian Appliqué quilt continues to grow one block at a time. Here's the latest blocks done by me and Mr. Peabody:

by Mr. Peabody

Ti leaf Hawaiian Appliqué Pillow Block by Mary's Treasures
Start Date: December 30, 2009
End Date: February 12, 2010 approximately

I work on my blocks a bit here and there. I think if I worked on nothing else, I could finish appliquéing a block in about a week of evenings. But the current pace of a block every few weeks suits me just fine at the moment. I feel no pressure for a finished quilt just yet.

White Ginger Block by Pokilani
Start Date: January 3, 2010
End Date: Mid February 2010

It's a nice background project. A little bit of appliqué here and there finishes each block. Then it's time to prepare another appliqué snowflake and get going again. Before I know it, all the blocks will be done and it will be time to quilt the sucker. I have all that echo quilting to look forward to. I think it's going to be a blast. But for the moment, I'm enjoying the rather mindless needle-turn appliqué. Doing it by hand gives a much nicer result than by machine, no question.

Comments

Popular Posts