I am a quilt machine

This past weekend, my group of Montreal ladies and I headed over to my brother's place (aka - the House of Quilt) for an Intro to Patchwork. It was super fun! Though some ladies left earlier, Amanda and I hung out and played Quilt Machine until 11pm or so. It was epic!

I (of course) chose a complicated, advanced block and spent the entire time cutting out the fabric pieces for my blocks. I originally intended to cut out fabrics for 2 blocks. Due to some confusion and the fact that the cutting instructions were for cutting out for double blocks, that, er, became fabric for 4 blocks. Er, yeah.

After cutting out a bazillion pieces of fabrics for these blocks, I also had to mark little dots on each piece. By the time I finished marking pieces early Sunday afternoon, I REALLY wanted to sew them together.

Chrysanthemum Block 2

So I did. The blocks aren't perfect, but the block design is kind of forgiving? I like to think that it is.

Chrysanthemum Block 3

These are really the first "real" quilt blocks that I've pieced since beginning quilting.

Chrysanthemum Block 1

My machine was mostly co-operative about the piecing. Though I can't wait to get my hands on the Singer Featherlight from my mom's friend. It will be so nice to have a machine that sews straight lines (don't tell Greenie that I said that).

Chrysanthemum Block 3
Mixed Bouquet Block from American Patchwork & Quilting, December 2009. Issue 101

4 blocks down, 6 more to go. I think I want to make some of those crazy itty bitty square blocks I've been seeing around. And maybe some of those asterisk blocks I've come across.

Comments

Popular Posts