Spun Seaweed

I have been a big fan of CosyMakes dyeing since I started getting her Falkland Fiber Club earlier in the spring. I think there's an entire cubby worth of her fibre in my new shelving unit. I ended up buying lots from her Etsy shop in addition to my fibre club instalments over the summer.

When I saw one of the instalments of the Farm Wool Club, I switched over. Who could resist fun fibre blends like Alpaca, wool or Angora, Shetland? Not me it would seem. I got the first instalment of my new Farm Wool Fiber Club from CosySpins with the last instalment of her Falkland Fiber Club.

Seaweed Braid

As soon as I unwrapped this fibre, took photos and added it to Ravelry, I started spinning it.

Seaweed skein

I spun it long-draw. It may have been a good idea to pre-draft or "pop" it a bit before spinning. It was a bit of a forearm workout as it was. I finished the yarn over the weekend and it's super lovely! That little bit of mo makes all the difference.

Seaweed skein detail
Chain-ply
Farm Wool Fibre Club for September
'Seaweed' CosySpins
50% Wool, 50% Alpaca
4 oz.

Now to think of what I want to knit with this. I think I need a LOT more lace in my life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
yay! i haven't seen any of this spun up yet. love it and can't wait to see what you make.

Popular Posts