Confessions of a Super-Crazy-Nerdy-Yarn-Girl who's caught the Quilt.
26 January 2012
2011 Catch-up: a couple of shawls
Both of these shawls got pushed aside at various points for other more pressing projects (usually things to make for other people) and took way longer than they should have to finally block and photograph. You can see the creases in the photos as proof of how long they hung around before I finally took pictures.
Finished Pea Vines Shawl
1. Finished Pea Vines Shawl, 2. Shawl Detail, 3. Pea Vines Detail, 4. Finished Pea VinesPattern: Pea Vines by Anne Hanson
Materials: Tosh Merino Light in Rose
Purchased At: Purl Soho
Start Date: May 14, 2011
End Date: September 16, 2011
There is an error at the beginning of the Pea Vines, but I didn't find it worth ripping out most of the border in order to fix it. I really enjoyed knitting this pattern, but it did take lots of concentration. Also, it took me WAY too long to start writing down what row I was on. I lost my place so many times that I lost count.
Finished Celes Shawl
1. Celes Shawl, 2. Center detail, 3. End bit, 4. Finished Celes ShawlPattern: Celes by Jared Flood
Materials: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine in 1294 (blue-green)
Start Date: September 18, 2010
End Date: November 6, 2011
This shawl sat dormant for a long time because I ran out of yarn once I reached the border. I continued on almost immediately after getting another skein. The border is a very slight different shade of teal as the new skein was a different dye lot from the first. I don't find it bothersome as the entire border is knit with the new lot. If I had started the new skein partway through knitting the border, it would have been far more noticeable.